United Robots is a proprietary robotic manufacturer which aims to revolutionize industrial spaces maintenance with its autonomous robots. We’ve reinvented, designed and built autonomous intelligent robots conceived for vast storage areas operators i.e., supermarkets, warehouses and sorting offices or public spaces such as hospitals, care homes, office buildings and airports. Our products are an operating example of the expertise in mobile localization, machine learning and computer vision which convert machines into intelligent AI devices capable of working without human supervision. Sounds good?
We are looking for robotics geeks that will share our excitement and help us to win the run leading to the world when intelligent robots will be as common as mobile phones. If you want to be part of this revolution and join our small, yet growing R&D team, this job is perfect for you.
In this role you will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers to develop cutting-edge robotic algorithms and push the limits of our robots to the new level. You will have a chance to work on such exciting topics as autonomous navigation, machine learning applied in robotics or perception. Your input will help transforming the world we live in.
Your responsibilities in details:
- developing SLAM, localization, navigation and perception software solutions for autonomous robotS
- integrating, configuring and performing tests on actual hardware
- ideating, prototyping and investigating robots functionalities
- involvement in the full-stack robotic development
- adherence to standard methodologies for team software development (peer reviews of design and code, unit and system testing, version control, bug tracking, integrated documentation etc.)
- creating high-quality product documentation adhering to industry best practice guidelines
- leading other technical team members (in the navigation domain).
Tech skills requirements:
- graduate (BEng, MSc or PhD) in Computer Science, Robotics, Control Engineering or Mechatronics with focus on software engineering
- experience in programming in C++
- understanding of ROS and Robotics hardware
- practical experience in Robotic Perception, Autonomous Navigation, SLAM and application of Machine Learning in these domains
- experience with software version control
- good written and verbal communication skills in English
- in-depth understanding of state-of-the-art machine vision algorithms
- experience with SLAM algorithms
- practical knowledge of GPU programming
- programming skills in Python
- understanding of Machine / Deep Learning.
Non tech skills requirements:
- ability to monitor quality and accuracy of own work to ensure it meets company’s standards
- awareness of importance of knowledge transfer within the R&D Team
- enthusiasm and desire to participate in creating the world class autonomous robots and work by applying UR way & culture (more on our career website)
- availability to work min. 3 days in our R&D office to be able to develop our robots and support the manufacturing process afterwards
- being a genuine team player valuing open communication and diversity in the workplace
- having the courage to challenge preconceived ideas and never stop searching for the best and most practical solutions.
We hope you already have a taste of what you may be doing. Interested in find out more? Visit our career page, leave us your coordinates and CV or LinkedIn profile. We will come back to you shortly.